My contract at CBA goes until June 3rd, and everyone keeps asking me, “what’s next?” I don’t really know. In fact, I’m using this time to be as non-commital as I can. If CBA wants me to stay longer, they’ll need to sponsor me on a different visa, and we haven’t talked about that yet. I think they still want to see what I can deliver before we even start to have that conversation.
And if they do want me to stay on longer, would I take it? I really want to say no, because I don’t want to let go of my reason for being here in the first place, which is to travel and try out different experiences. But I don’t know where my head space will be in five months, and what else will be going on in my life that could influence my decision.
For argument’s sake let’s say CBA didn’t want to extend my contract, or I didn’t want to accept their offer. In that case, I would probably head over to Perth. There’s a train that runs across Australia from east to west (Sydney to Perth), so I definitely plan to take that trip. Very JK Rowling of me. (It’s a literary reference; feel free to look it up.)
From there, the outback, including Coober Pedy, and Alice Springs and Uluru. Then up to Darwin in the North and over to Cairns, where I would settle in for a couple of months.